Meeting House Rocks
The large outcropping of rocks is known as Meeting House Rocks, and at its summit was the site of the first church, or meeting house in 1673.
There is a path with a railing to the crest, which offers a commanding view of the area, particularly in fall, after the trees have dropped their foliage.
The playful boogie-woogie beat of the song evolved from thoughts of “Jailhouse Rock”.
Here is a link to the Forgotten Founders’ page regarding Meeting House Rocks and the First Congregational Church (81 East Town Street): http://theforgottenfounders.com/tag/meeting-house-rocks-norwich-ct/
Here is a link to the First Congregational Church’s page regarding its history and good works: http://www.firstcongregationalchurchofnorwich.com/about